”Research and Innovation in Social Sciences: Current Status and Future Perspectives” / ”Cercetarea şi inovarea în domeniul ştiinţelor sociale: starea actuală şi perspective de viitor” 22.04.2016
The Social Sciences Division of ICUB aims to promote “smart” research, build a state-of-the-art research infrastructure within our university and provide scientific evidence for public policy decisions. Our mission is to promote interdisciplinary and internationally-oriented research projects in such domains as law, public administration, business, sociology, political science, international relations, psychology, journalism and communication. We are currently in the process of evaluation of the ICUB Fellowship for Young Researchers and Young Researchers Grant (UB) applications, as well as inviting Visiting Fellows.
Based on the mission statement, The Social Sciences Division organizes a series of workshops and seminars with and for academics affiliated with ICUB but also open to all academics and PhD students belonging to the University of Bucharest – and to the general public interested in social sciences.
The workshop ”Research and Innovation in Social Sciences: Current Status and Future Perspectives” aims to debate the current status of the R&I in the Romanian universities, analyze the instruments of evaluation and offer some recommendations for policymakers.
The guest speakers are professors who elaborated studies and analyses on these topics, such as Lazăr Vlăsceanu, Adrian Miroiu, Mihai Păunescu, Gabriel Hâncean, Gabriel Viiu, as well as the director of ICUB, professor Laurențiu Leuștean and the president of the UB Senate, professor Marian Preda, member of the Social Science Division.
- Diagnosing the social sciences domains, ranking and classification;
- Instruments for measuring research performance in social sciences;
- Impact of social sciences for economic and social development;
- Social sciences within the 2014-2020 National Research, Development and Innovation Plan (PNDCI III Program);
- Perspectives for Social Sciences Development in the UB – and in Romania.
Presentations & Studies:
- „Research-driven classification and ranking in higher education: An empirical appraisal of a Romanian policy experience” (Gabriel-Alexandru Vîiu, Adrian Miroiu, Mihai Păunescu)
- ”Ranking political science departments: the case of Romania” (Gabriel-Alexandru Vîiu, Mirela Vlăsceanu, Adrian Miroiu)
- ”Policy Incentives and Research Productivity in the Romanian Higher Education. An Institutional Approach” (Lazăr Vlăsceanu, Marian-Gabriel Hâncean)
- ”Aspecte metodologice în măsurarea performanței în cercetare – Evaluarea în vederea finanțării instituționale suplimentare” (ICUB Presentation, Bogdan Florian) HERE
- ” The Scientific Collaboration Structure of the Romanian Academic Community of Sociologists (A Social Network Perspective)” (ICUB Presentation, Lazăr Vlăsceanu, Marian-Gabriel Hâncean) HERE
- Evaluarea guvernanţei sistemului public de CDI şi a performanţelor Institutelor Naţionale de Cercetare – Dezvoltare
Begins at: 12.30
Location: Room 102 (Conference Room, Campus Panduri, no.90, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Sociology and Social Work) – see the map.